Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Outsider

We are all in a process of growing. Whether it be physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual we are all growing, like it or not. Changes and challenges are thrust upon without warning. It has been my experience that if the waters are familiar, then I am much more capable of navigating them with out capsizing. However, there is one area that is always especially difficult. For lack of a better word I will call it "special hungry" (Special Hungry - When a person has a great desire to be special to all people or to a specific group of people ). The odd thing about this is that it comes and goes. One day I will sail through with the utmost of confidence and the next I will do something completely ridiculous like punch holes in the hull to lower the rising water level. I have a feeling that this will always be an area of tension with in me, but I know that in those times when I feel the most "special" are when I sit and dine at the table of Christ.

Perhaps you do not struggle with this specifically, but I am confident that there are areas where you do struggle. I would encourage you to spend some time thinking and praying about those things. Sit down at the table with Christ and partake of what is Good, and what is Holy...

No comments: