Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Face Push

Have you ever seen a little kid launch an attack against an adult? It is a most often a poorly planed attack fueled by emotional fire and ends with and embarrassing defeat. We have all seen some version if this happen. The stronger and much larger opponent mockingly stands with is hand on the forehead of the underdog who swings violently at the wind inches away from his foe. This is where I seem to be in life at the moment. It seems as if every attempt at progress is met with a stiff-armed palm to my face. Despite my best efforts to juke and spin, forward motion is jolted to a halt at the expense of my forehead and strained neck. Accepting the ever present opposition, I recalibrate for improved results. Anything but a hand on my forehead! Ready. Set. Go! I grit my teeth and succeed in knocking the hand away a few times. Hey I might actually...BAP!...another failed attempt. I walk away with a redder head than what I started with.

It is a sure thing that being a follower of Jesus will get you beat up sometimes. It is part of the gig. The incredible part is...that you get to be with Jesus the whole time. Black eyes bloody noses will heal. Take heart. You are traveling with one who can scrape out the poison and stitch the gash. We carry scars, but with each one comes a story of healing. So I say to you rise up! Wipe the blood from your cheek and run hard with your limp! This fight is but for a time and we will be home! Keep your eyes on our Savior and if you are met with a stiff-armed palm to the face... PUSH!

No comments: