Monday, March 31, 2008

No Time for My Soul

It occurs to me that I have no time for the things that give me life. I spend most of my time preparing for what the future holds and become weary in preparation of the life that is to come. This is ironic since this life for which I prepare is what is happening at the very moment that I prepare for it (chew on that one for a bit). There is no time left for my soul to rest and be nourished. Time is borrowed, sacrificed, carved out, interrupted, wasted, and ill spent. Even now I borrow this time from my desk at work. I have come to the realization that if I am to find time for God, time that would allow us to commune, that I have to wage war for it. We have an Enemy and he is very real and does not want me to spend time with the Most High. In this moment I feel the weight of the curse and my own sin. I feel that separation from God and a Kingdom for which my heart aches. You Kingdom come oh, Lord...

1 comment:

Angie said...

Zeb...love this. My heart echoes what you say. As scripture tells us "apart from me, you can do nothing." i feel often like i do a whole lot of nothing. Love you!