Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Kingdom is Coming

This morning I am overwhelmed with the presence of God. My heart sores into worship and my soul is home for one quiet moment. Here I rest in these eternal arms and I can hardly contain myself. A taste of the glory to come... the cool waters of the Spirit hit the back of my dry throat. It is in this moment that I realize that there is more than this chaotic world in which I find myself. I have forgotten the joy of my salvation and the Kingdom that is coming. And it is coming...

This is not all there is and it is only by the grace of my Lord that I can taste more than the elements of communion. I consume the blood of Christ and His broken body.

To any one who may find themselves reading this: Please know what this life is not all there is to be had. Your struggles and pain are only temporary, for Christ will return in Glory. There will come a time when the burns of sin are slowly wiped away in the cool peace of the Garden. There will be no distance, no obstructions form God. We will find ourselves suspended in the middle of the presence of God and all of character.

Stay encouraged my love lavished brothers and sisters.

4 comments:

Jamie and Joy George said...

hey great blog. Just wanted to let you know we're on here too. check us out.
p.s. we can't wait to see you, Holls and the new addition when we come to B'ham.
Love ya = JOY

Daniel & Mae said...

Hey Zeb (and Holly) I am so excited y'all have a blog, right before the little one comes. I hope yall are doing well. I look forward to keeping up with yall...check out our blog http://danielandmagen.blogspot.com

Ashley Davis said...

well, hello there! didn't know you guys were online!

Rebecca M. said...

Hey! Hope all is well with your little one...such a special time :)